This is a question for the plebs like me who have setups with ST and Alexa.
I know we should all get HA or similar locally controlled setup, but this is what it is for today. So: This house has just shy of 100 z wave devices installed in all the switches and other stuff, all controlled by ST. Every room also has an Echo for voice control. This is where I need help:
Both ST and Echo have rooms/groups/scenes. What is the most elegant way to organize them under these hardware constraints without it getting confusing or causing conflicts?
Right now the family turns on entire house levels that have their own grouping in Amazon's software, and most of the lights return to their previous dimness. "Most" is not great. Is there an easy way to convert the "current status" of the room into a scene?
There's almost a hundred devices here and I dont recognize all the names. I would really dig a way to just say "this right now" is the setting to save rather than try and rename all these devices and set each one individually.
I think that's everything relevant. Any guidance is appreciated.
0 Comments